Building Home and Family, Collective Living
In some way or form, people got to live together. Consider the following words. On one hand there's Residential, Domestic, and Urban, on the other hand is Affairs, Culture, and Practice. Now consider the combinations you can make between both hands. What would "Residential Affairs" be about?
If affairs refers to the ecology of things that happen in a given context, you could say it points to the things that happen in a residential context. Sometimes it's not about things that happen, but about things that need taking care of... the challenges, the issues, and situations that arise in or between places of residence.
The line between the domestic and the residential is thin. After all, your residence is the venue where you discharge your domestic affairs. In a distinction between domestic and residential, residential carries a stronger sense of place and domestic points stronger to the dynamics between residents. Space and dynamics, they kind of feed off each other in terms of meaning, one gives meaning to the other.
- Note / City is the Home for Your Experience
- Note / Ceremonies of Communion
- Poem / City Happens Everyday
- Note / Missing Everyone
- Note / The Good-Faith City Dynamic
- Note / Heatherwick's Vessel Did Not Deliver
- Note / Gathering Concerns Directly on City Streets
- Note / Life is Good with a Playground Adjacent
- Note / Midtown Sidewalks Keep You Moving
- Public / Topic Index
- Media / An Enigmatic Music Video (Someday by Weval, 2019)